Sales & Business Development Executive – Cheshire
“Every one lives by selling something.” Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks to the digital age we live in, never before have our customers been as informed about our company, our products and our services as now. Savvy customers don’t value old-school, pressure-based, manipulative sales methods but they do value subject matter experts. Rhino are not just a general packaging company, we are laser focused on the supply and installation of shrink wrap sheeting to the scaffolding and construction market customers, and providing the worlds best education and training resources.
Lets face it, being a sales person in a fast growing company is never an easy ride. There is always something new to learn, there is never enough time. Nobody wants to be sold to. But people do want to buy. Your role is to help our prospects & customers buy – from us.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a sales executive to join our team. You will be selling installation services, shrink wrap products and equipment and training services. You will also help introduce new products to the market place.
We are definitely not looking for a run of the mill, 9-5 big company salesperson. However, for the right person, this is an opportunity to make an important contribution to the company and take your career in any direction you choose. Depending on your aptitude this is a position that will see you working with a wide variety of people from scaffolders to construction contractors both in the UK and abroad.
- Responding to enquiries, maintaining and updating the CRM system.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers (accound management) in person (site visits) and via telephone calls and emails.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Gathering market and customer information.
- Representing Rhino Shrink Wrap company at trade exhibitions, events and product demonstrations.
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Creating detailed custom proposal documents and quotations.
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
You might be a good ‘fit’ if;
- You value asking questions and listening over talking
- You are prepared to learn about our products inside and out by spending time at the ‘coal face’ with our installation team.
- You possess and use empathy.
- You are prepared to ask tough questions.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, confident and determined approach.
- Resilience, perseverance and the ability to cope with rejection.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition.
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A good level of numeracy.
- You are well organised and efficient, disciplined and persistent.
- You have excellent communication skills – both written & oral.
- You are a digital citizen with superb IT skills.
- You are a natural born educator who is willing to contribute ideas and time to assist marketing.
- A full driving licence is essential.
Academic qualifications are often less important to us than personality and attitude. If you have a strong commercial awareness, work ethic and excellent communication skills then get in touch.
The salary for this position is dependant on your skills and experience. If you are willing to work hard and want to be part of a great team then call Steve Irlam for an informal chat on 01477 532222. We look forward to hearing from you!